Bioware dropped a patch for Andromeda today, containing various fixes in both single player and multiplayer. Below are the changes listed on the Bioware blog.
- To reduce the effectiveness of repeated melees against tougher enemies, player melee attacks can now be interrupted by enemy attacks.
- Biotic, Tech, and Combat Detonation Challenges now update on the Challenges screen.
- Lance and Throw will now successfully increment the Biotic Detonation Combo challenge progress.
- Fixed an issue that caused Stealth Grid to deactivate immediately after being used.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Kineticist from gaining Biotic Ascension charges when not the host of the match.
Generally, we’ve found that semiautomatic assault rifles and pistols are underperforming when compared to their automatic counterparts. We’ve increased the damage per round for most of these guns and fixed bugs that limited the rate of fire for semiautomatic weapons.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Mattock from reaching its designed rate of fire
- Lowered damage per round to partially offset increase in rate of fire
- Lowered damage per round from 71–89 to 50–63
- Increased spare ammo capacity from 112–140 to 160–200
- Increased damage per round from 112–134 to 140–168
- Increased damage per round from 60–72 to 64–77
- Increased damage per round from 80–93 to 86–99
- Increased damage per round from 73–90 to 92–113
The Predator also benefits from the rate of fire adjustment applied to the Mattock assault rifle.
- Increased damage per round from 38–51 to 54–72
- Decreased rate of fire from 500 to 450
- Increased damage per round from 155–195 to 175–220
- Increased damage per round from 37–49 to 44–55
- Increased damage per round from 106–113 to 133–142
- Increased damage per round from 428–512 to 485–580
- Ammo increased from 40–50 to 60–75
- Increased damage per round from 27–32 to 38–46
- Increased damage per round from 84–101 to 105–126
- Fixed a bug that caused the Vanquisher to have an extra 100% headshot bonus
- Fixed some timings of reload actions so they better match their animations
Assault Rifle Amp III
- The Assault Rifle Amp III booster now properly states that it gives a 30% boost instead of a 35% boost. This was a text error only. The functionality was always 30%.
- Players can no longer avoid damage by standing up against a firing anointed
- Kett Ascendant’s Orb will now give 15 points when killed, instead of points equal to the Ascendant himself
Kett Behemoth (Boss objective)
- Behemoths are more likely to target nearby players
The Outlaws have generally been easier to fight than other factions, so we’ve closed the gap. While Remnant Observers and kett anointed are effective at pushing players into cover, sharpshooters needed improvements to get players to hide. Across the rest of the palette, changes to targeting and the hydra’s sync attack help keep the Outlaws competitive.
- Adhi no longer attempt to chain sync attacks
- Outlaw agent’s holographic clone will no longer give points
- Sharpshooters now fire more frequently, especially against targets out of cover
- Sniper rifle damage increased by 44%
- Sharpshooters sprint more often
- Aiming time is now shortened at shorter ranges
- Aiming and impact audio are now clearer
- No longer pursue melee targets over long distances
- Berserkers are more likely to target nearby players
- Sync attack is now lethal
- Hydra is more likely to target nearby players
- Hydra now lose their target—but no longer cancel firing—when their target cloaks while locking on
- Fixed situations where the hydra’s body would reappear after being destroyed
We found that the Observer was a little too good at its job, often leaving players feeling totally pinned down. This could be frustrating when another Observer flanked the player or when a Nullifier attacked. At the same time, the Nullifier felt like a nuisance, but one that was easy to counter in many situations.
To address these issues, we reduced the damage Observers inflict and how long they fire for. We’ve reworked the Nullifier to make its main weapon more powerful, but less frequent against players in cover. The Nullifier is also more likely to stand its ground, helping it to control the space. Repeated melee should now be a less dominant strategy against Nullifiers.
- Observers can now lose their target while firing when the target cloaks
- Maximum beam duration decreased from 6s to 5s
- Beam damage decreased by 10%
- Rate of fire has been decreased against enemies in cover
- Projectile attacks now travel faster and hit harder
- Stays still and fires in more situations
- No longer flees in protracted melee situations
- [Single player only] Fires less frequently on lower difficulties
- Destroyers are more likely to target nearby players
- Fixed situations where the Destroyer’s body and turrets would reappear after being destroyed
Listed below are the single player changes, including several facial animation fixes and some performance issue fixes.
Improved tutorial placement
Increased inventory limits (Editor’s Note: Bold information added.)
- Default, unupgraded, inventory increased to 100.
- Upgrade rank one increased to 150.
- Upgrade rank two increased to 200.
Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, attacks, and progression
Improved matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
Decreased the cost of remnant decryption keys and made them more accessible at merchants
Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
Improved lip-sync and facial acting during some conversations, including localized VO
Fixed an issue with Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
Improved the appearance of eyes for human and asari characters
Fixed various collision issues
Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct
Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs
Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
Fixes issues related to some saves
Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
Streaming and stability improvements
Overall, this is a fairly well-rounded patch considering the game is just over two weeks old. The biggest issues seem to have been related to facial animations and various “I’m Stuck” bugs in the single player, and latency issues in the multiplayer. I’ve been unable to sit down and actually play since downloading the update, but I’ll get around to it.
How’d the patch satisfy you? Not enough, or just enough? Let me know in the comments!